A Client Support Specialist I provides superior customer service to clients both in-person and over the phone. Maintains front desk through routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering phones, greeting clients, providing client assistance and record-keeping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for scheduling clients
- Checks people in and out
- Backfills open appointments
- Accepts client payments
- Verifies insurance coverage and benefits.
- Will complete new client intake calls and assign to appropriate therapist.
- Will complete other tasks as assigned.
- Assists in the development and production of the monthly newsletter
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Hours are Monday Through Friday from 7:30am-1:30pm.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Mental health or medical practice experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An undergraduate intern is an individual who is currently enrolled at a university and pursuing a degree in psychology, social work, or related field. The experience at CFS is meant to fulfill academic requirements. The intern reports to the Office Manager and Clinical Director.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program in the social sciences.
- Experience is under the direction of a university supervisor
- Interest in working with the clinical mental health population through the pursuit of a master or doctoral degree.
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Excellent verbal, social and written communication skills
- Empathy and basic microskills
- Technical skills: excel, word, EMR
- Complete initial phone intake screening for new clients and assign to appropriate therapist
- Set up new client charts and ensure all required documentation is obtained.
- Support Clinical Director with clinical chart audits
- Assist in coordinating professional continuing education events and maintain CEUs
- Attend weekly admin and clinical meetings
- Do other tasks as assigned
Please complete our online application here. You will be asked to:
- Upload a cover letter which details how your experience pertains to the minimum and preferred position criteria
- A resume
- 3 References