Does your child struggle at school with building healthy relationships with other students or school staff? Maybe they have a difficult time concentrating or dealing with negative emotions in a healthy way and it gets in the way of their learning. Does your child struggle at home with building a healthy and happy bond with family members? Maybe it feels like you don’t really know your child or how to help them. Theraplay® is a great therapeutic intervention using a child and family therapy approach, aiming to address behavioral, emotional, and/or developmental struggles and enhance the parent child relationship through healthy and playful interactions. Theraplay® is also a sensory based model that can also help children who have language delays, developmental disorders, or are extremely shy.
- Attachment Disorders
- Behavioral/emotional struggles (conduct, ODD, aggressive behavior)
- Social interaction disorders (social anxiety, internalizing)
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders (receptive language delay)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Sensory Processing Disorders