Just the perfect fit
Per Diem Mental Health Therapist
This position is excellent for someone who only wants to do therapy a few hours per week. We are interested in a psychologist or mental health counselor who has advanced knowledge and experience working with specific populations or who has earned certification in an evidence-based practice. This positions has no billed hour requirement so long as they maintain client availability.
Our Clinical Position:
- We highly encourage and support therapists choosing their ideal case types and population. We strongly believe that when the therapist is successful and happy, the client is successful, and when the client is successful, our group practice is successful. We are against a one-size-fits-all approach to supporting your caseload.
- We provide consultation or supervision to therapists at no cost.
- no billed minimum client hours per week so long as there are regular available client hours
- Our group practice affords a wonderful location, beautifully decorated offices, professional location with ample parking for clients and free parking for staff.
- A full administrative and billing staff to ensure a level of legal, emotional, financial, and physical security.
- Reimburse up to $150 per year for individual malpractice insurance.
- Washington State sick time at a rate of 1 hour for every 40 billed client hours
- Administrative and billing staff collect all client balance and fees so therapists don’t have to
- We charge and collect late cancel or no-show fees from clients so you get paid for those hours when collected.
- Lastly, unlike private practice where you get paid when the insurance company decides to pay you (a feast and famine approach), we are able to pay our therapists for their billed hours every 2 weeks. Claim denials or claw backs are not put on the therapist.
This position is Per Diem so in-office client hours are subject to office space availability (typically Mondays and Fridays) with mid-week options for telehealth.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Masters or doctoral degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology or a related field
- Licensed in one of the above fields in the state of Washington.
- Grounded in a guiding theoretical orientation
- Advanced training and experience working with specific populations OR certification in an Evidence-Based Practice.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Complete a background check.
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with clients, staff and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the Center.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Hold an unencumbered license (either full or associate level)
$50-55 per hour
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email or address.
Attn: Dr. Becky Rudd
407 E 2nd Ave Suite 250
Spokane WA 99202.
Please ensure your cover letter addresses the following:
- Your guiding theoretical orientation and approach to working with clients
- Certifications or advanced training and experience with specific population
All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please compile the following documents and submit via email to ATTN: Dr. Becky Rudd @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload a cover letter which details how your experience pertains to the minimum and preferred position criteria
- A resume
- 3 References