Welcome to work/life balance
Posted September 19, 2022
We provide mental and behavioral health services to children through adults from a grounded theoretical orientation combined with various Evidence-Based Practices. Our group therapy practice has both full-time and part-time therapists who are enthusiastic and passionate about bringing about change in those they work serve. We employ a full administrative support staff who love what they do and love the clients we serve. Our workplace culture is centered around our values of: autonomy, transparency, inspire, life balance, family comes first, workplace relationships, appreciation, support and growth. We desire a Clinical Director who wants to foster these values in all that we do.
We are looking for a clinical supervisor who has a knack for building a cohesive and passionate team. Our ideal candidate not only has experience as a therapist and supervisor, but has an ability and drive to identify problem areas and work with an Executive Team to bring about meaningful change to ensure our practice stays therapist-driven and therapist-focused. We want someone who has excellent interpersonal skills, can successfully bring together a team, has a sense of humor that lights up a room and is passionate about clinical care.
A Clinical Supervisor is an integral part of our therapist-driven group practice and oversees clinical care to clients and 5-8 therapists would be directly reporting to each supervisor. The Clinical Supervisor remains rooted in the profession with a small caseload of clients, while also providing either consultation or supervision to members of their team. The CFS consultation model not only ensures ethical and effective care to clients but helps to grow our therapist professionally as the “therapist-as-instrument. We believe if our therapists are set up for success, our clients will succeed, and if our clients succeed our practice succeeds. The Clinical Supervisor reports to the Clinical Director and is a valued member of the Executive Team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct report for a team of 5-8 clinical staff members with varied experience levels, license types and population or modality specialties.
- Lead a weekly clinical staff meeting with your clinical team
- Provides routine consultation or supervision to clinical staff (frequency of consultation/supervision is based on the therapist’s rank level) to ensure therapists feel supported, client care is exceptional and identify areas of needed training or education.
- Run one group per quarter with a graduate-intern as a co-leader.
- Has a small caseload of clients (12-15 weekly)
- Assists graduate-interns or Associate Therapists in conducting intake assessments with new clients and ensure ongoing review of client-care.
- Review, monitor and assure compliance that all required clinical documentation is completed in a thorough and timely manner and per practice standards
- Regularly review and co-sign clinical documentation for services provided by unlicensed (i.e., interns) or provisionally licensed therapists and assist in the development of appropriate clinical treatment goals and interventions for the clients in the program
- Assists in crisis assessment, intervention and postvention procedures.
- Serve as a secondary back-up for day-time on call.
- Serves as a member of the clinical search committee for new clinical staff
- Assist the Clinical Director in oversight of clinical programs, implementation, and day-to-day operations of clinical care to clients
- Conduct team member performance evaluations in conjunction with the Clinical Director, and as per organization standards and timelines.
- Attend and participate in Executive meetings, committees, organization program audits and serve as a member of our Executive team.
- Comply with all applicable federal and State laws and regulations, CFS policies and procedures and all safety regulations
- Ensure team members are meeting the performance expectations and standards of their position while regularly providing considerate and direct feedback about job performance
- Handles ethical, legal or moral concerns and legal proceedings with Clinical Director oversight
- Follows and/or assists in the development of Center policies and procedures
- Serves as a role model for exceptional client care, pursuit of EBP certifications, timeliness and efficient documentation, effective self-care, love for clinical work and embody the Center’s core values, mission and vision.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned
- Crisis assessment, intervention, and management
- Evidenced-based practices
- Client focus.
- Ethical conduct.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Decision Making.
- Project Management.
- Teamwork Orientation.
Supervises clinical staff, evaluates performance, and makes recommendations for employment actions to Clinical Director.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position consisting of 40 hours per week. Days and schedule can be negotiated.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Masters degree in counseling, psychology, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in therapy
- 1+ years of experience supervising
- Meets criteria for WA State Supervisor
- Experience in working with a variety of therapeutic models.
- Experience providing individual, triadic and group supervision to clinical staff
- Meeting applicable Washington State criteria as an approved supervisor
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2+ years of clinical supervising experience
- Certifications in evidence-based practice
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Center mission
- Eligibility for health, vision and dental coverage subject to plan terms
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plan. CFS matches the employee’s contribution up to 3%
- 8 Paid holidays each year (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Native American Heritage Day, December 24, and December 25)
- Accrued 4 weeks of vacation per year
- Accrued 1.5 weeks of personal time/Sick time per year
- 3 days of education leave
- $1,200 education stipend which rolls over each May
$75,000-$83,000 per year
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated
Please compile the following documents and submit via email to ATTN: Dr. Becky Rudd @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload a cover letter which details how your experience pertains to the minimum and preferred position criteria
- A resume
- 3 References