Work with the Best
Client Support Specialist I
A Client Support Specialist has the primary objectives of doing their part to ensure great care for our clients and helping our amazing providers to be successful. This position will manage the front desk, which includes welcoming clients and getting them checked in or out, helping them with any questions, scheduling needs, or etc., collecting payments, taking care of administrative needs for clients and providers and communicating/coordinating with the team. There will be additional responsibilities such as working with new clients to get them scheduled with an appropriate therapist, opening and/or closing duties, and special projects.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop professional relationship with clients (first name basis)
- Provide front desk coverage as assigned
- Answer phones and emails throughout the day
- Conduct new client intakes and make assignments to appropriate therapist
- Comply with HIPPA guidelines
- Collect client co-payments, payment on balances, do initial follow up on missed payments or no shows, engage/coordinate with Billing Team as needed
- Check clients in and out
- Schedule appointments to ensure clients are being taken care of and therapists have clients scheduled during the times that they have openings
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Cancel/reschedule appointments as needed and ensure appropriate communication with client and therapist, assess and collect fees
- Maintain communication logs based on client contact
- Provide administrative support to therapists (faxing, scanning, etc.)
- Ongoing communication with team members
- Handle occasional crisis call
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Traits that will be helpful in this position
- Strong customer/client focus
- Decision making ability
- Communication (in person, on the phone, through email, and internally we also use chat, with GIFs highly encouraged)
- Teamwork orientation (the Client Support Specialist team works very closely together, and we are also in constant communication with the wider team)
- Time management
- Microsoft Office applications
- Punctual and reliable
- Sense of humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, in office position, hours will be Monday – Friday 7:30-4:30 or Monday – Friday from 9:00 to 6:00 (5pm Fridays).
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with some experience or training relevant to the position (customer service, clerical, medical office, mental health, scheduling)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Health Psychology, Psychology, Social Work or other related field.
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Mental health or medical practice experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17-$19 per hour
Please compile the following documents and submit via email to ATTN: Dr. Becky Rudd @ [email protected]
- Upload a cover letter which details how your experience pertains to the minimum and preferred position criteria
- A resume
- 3 References