Begin Your Dream Job
Billing Support Specialist II
No current openings
We provide mental and behavioral health services to children through adults from a relational frame combined with various Evidence-Based Practices. Our group therapy practice has 13 full time therapists and two part-time therapists who are enthusiastic and passionate about bringing about change in those they work with. We employ a full administrative support staff who love what they do and love the clients we serve. Our workplace culture is centered around our values of: autonomy, transparency, inspire, life balance, family comes first, workplace relationships, appreciation, support and growth. We desire a BSS II who wants to foster these values in our billing department. To learn more about us visit www.centerforsolace.com
We are looking for the perfect person to fill our Billing Support Specialist II position. Our ideal candidate would be someone who has excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, extensive billing and coding experience, is organized and process driven, efficient, friendly and wants to be apart of a team that truly embraces their Mission and Vision.
The Billing Support Specialist II, in conjunction with a Billing Support Specialist I, is responsible for routine daily medical billing, applying patient and insurance payments, checking patient benefits and alerting patient of OOE, assessing no-show/late cancellation fees and accompanied documentation and sending monthly patient statements. Furthermore, the BSS II will handle escalated billing questions or problems from clients, will approve and facilitate client payment plans or fee waivers, will be the lead for process improvement and project implementation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work along side and delegate tasks to BSS I
- Participate and/or lead projects related to process improvement
- Manage escalated client payment issues and concerns
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
- Daily insurance billing and patient collections, including no-show and late fees
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claims processing
- Follow-up with payers, patients, and other appropriate parties to collect open billing in a timely manner.
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Check eligibility and benefits verification
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtain any missing information
- Post all insurance and patient payments and denials on a daily basis via incoming mail and by pulling EFT’s online through EMR
- Follow-up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Identify and bill for secondary or tertiary insurances
- Review accounts for insurance of patient follow-ups
- Researching and appealing denied claims
- Answering patient inquiries pertaining to accounts
- Comply with HIPAA guidelines
- Navigate various health insurance plan websites
- Prepare and send out patient invoices
- Review and log correspondence regarding pending/denied claims
- Participate in accounts receivables management
- Identify and report to management payer issues
- Appeal rejected claims
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO and other payer requirements and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of collection practices and laws.
- Familiar with CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Customer service and effective communication skills for interacting with patients and insurance companies regarding medical claims and payment
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Interviews prospective employees for the billing department and chooses the best applicant based on skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the job.
- Trains and oversees Billing Support Specialists (BSS) involved in billing functions.
- Directs assigned tasks to BSS and provides assistance as needed.
- Assists with performance evaluations of BSS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Expected to work 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 4 year of billing and coding experience in medical practice
Preferred Education and Experience
- Five+ years of related experience
- Associates degree
- Certificate in Billing and Coding
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the Center’s mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must be fully vaccinated & be able to pass a criminal background check.
Pay and Benefit
$19.00 – $24 per hour
401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance
- One location
Please compile the following documents and submit via email to ATTN: Dr. Becky Rudd @ [email protected]
- Upload a cover letter which details how your experience pertains to the minimum and preferred position criteria
- A resume
- 3 References