Welcome to work/life balance
Mental Health Therapist (School-based and Office-based)
We provide mental and behavioral health outpatient services to children through adults from a grounded theoretical orientation combined with various Evidence-Based Practices. Our staff continuously boast about how wonderful our clients are and genuinely enjoy bringing forward change in those we serve.
Our group therapy practice has both full-time and part-time therapists who work in-office, in the community, and from home. Our workplace culture is centered around our workplace values of: autonomy, transparency, inspire, life balance, family comes first, workplace relationships, appreciation, support and growth. We are looking for a therapist who has a passion and drive for learning, using and becoming certified in evidence-based practices.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who wants variety in their week (part-time in the middle and high school, and part-time in the office). Also, thrives on clinical freedom afforded to those in private practice but desires the safety and security of agency work. We provide a flexible benefits package that is sure to meet the desired needs of any therapist.
- Offer individual, couples or family therapy sessions in-office or via telehealth
- Communicate client population and presenting problem preferences or scheduling needs to Client Support Specialists
- Bill 25 therapy hours per week (provide about 28-30 available client hours)
- Conduct diagnostic evaluations to determine medical necessity and develop corresponding measurable treatment goals.
- Ensure accuracy of billing code, time of service, duration of service and location
- Lead or co-lead psychotherapy or skills groups
- Coordinate care with outside providers (e.g., PCP, other therapists, schools)
- Conduct risk assessments and safety plans with clients
- Provide 2 monthly-long on-call shifts a year (daytime only)
- Attend weekly clinical staff meeting
- Complete clinical documentation within 48 hours of therapy provided
- Receive supervision or consultation at a frequency commensurate with therapist experience and rank
- Work towards certifications in evidence-based practices
- If eligible, option to supervise graduate interns or Associate therapists
Our Workplace Benefits:
Our Full-Time Hybrid position is afforded up to 2.5 days in our main downtown office and up to 2.5 days at either/both Highland Middle School or Mead High School.
- For your in-office clients, we highly encourage and support therapists choosing their ideal case types and population. We strongly believe that when the therapist is successful and happy, the client is successful, and when the client is successful, our group practice is successful. We are against a one-size-fits-all approach to supporting your caseload.
- We provide consultation or supervision to therapists at no cost.
- 1 paid clinical meeting hour per week
- 1 paid administrative hour per week
- Bill 25 client hours per week and an added bonus (paid quarterly) for billing 27 hours
- Our group practice affords a wonderful location, beautifully decorated offices, professional location with ample parking for clients and free parking for staff.
- A full administrative and billing staff to ensure a level of legal, emotional, financial, and physical security.
- Customized Medical, Vision and Dental benefits package to meet every person’s need and CFS pays 75% of employee premium
- $1200 stipend per year for education, consultation or certification
- Retirement plan. We match an employee’s contribution up to 3%.
- Complementary life insurance policy
- Reimburse up to $150 per year for individual malpractice insurance.
- We offer 8 paid holidays, 7 paid personal/sick days per year.
- 3-5.2 weeks of vacation depending on the cafeteria plan chosen
- Our Client Support Specialists will ensure you have less than a 1-3% unfilled appointment rate.
- Administrative and billing staff collect all client balance and fees so therapists don’t have to
- We charge and collect late cancel or no-show fees from clients so you get paid for those hours when collected.
- We have built one of the most supportive, caring, compassionate, fun and lively group practices and have truly become a family.
- Lastly, unlike private practice where you get paid when the insurance company decides to pay you (a feast and famine approach), we are able to pay our therapists for their billed hours every 2 weeks. Claim denials or claw backs are not put on the therapist.
This position is 50% at either/both Highland Middle School or Mead High school (Monday, Tuesday and half of Wednesday) and 50% in our office (Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday).
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Masters or doctoral degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology or a related field
- Licensed in one of the above fields in the state of Washington. We will seriously consider Associates who embody our mission and vision.
- Grounded in a guiding theoretical orientation
Preferred Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Additional training and/or certification in evidence-based practice or intent to pursue additional training in a specific areas
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Complete a background check.
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with clients, staff and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the Center.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Hold an unencumbered license (Associate therapists considered)
Base rate per billable hour ($40-50) plus quarterly bonus for meeting or exceeding billed hour metrics up to $12,000 per year.
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email or address.
Attn: Dr. Becky Rudd
407 E 2nd Ave Suite 250
Spokane WA 99202.
Please ensure your cover letter addresses the following:
- Your guiding theoretical orientation and approach to working with clients
- Certifications or training you have pursued or plan to pursue.
- Evidence-based practices you use in your work or would like to get more training
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,160.00 – $87,000.00 per year
Please compile the following documents and submit via email to ATTN: Dr. Becky Rudd @ email@example.com
- Upload a cover letter which details how your experience pertains to the minimum and preferred position criteria
- A resume
- 3 References